DESTINY HAPPENINGS & UPDATES
We are gathering IN PERSON & online this Sunday, March 7th.
If you aren’t able to join us for our IN PERSON worship experience the service will be available LIVE here on our Website, our Facebook page, & our YouTube channel. Please join us at 10am.
March 3, 2021
Destiny Church Family,
Our special guest, Andy Wood, shared an inspiring word from Micah 7:8-9. Read and declare this out loud: I’m gonna Get Up when I get knocked down. I’m gonna Be Led when I cannot see. I’m gonna Face Up to the way I’ve sinned. The Lord’s gonna Win the fight for me. “Dare to Get Back Up” today, tomorrow, and anytime you get knocked down. Dare to join us again this Sunday as Pastor Chris shares the next powerful installment of “Daring Faith.”
Thought for the week…
Sunday night, Andy Wood, shared some great wisdom with the Destiny Church Staff and Lead Team. We thought that you might enjoy some of it. You are a leader. You have influence. You are being followed. Whether you have a title, and regardless of your position, you are leading, even if you are unaware. John Maxwell said, “Leadership is Influence – nothing more, nothing less.”
Andy shared with us The Seven Zones of Influence:
1. Compassion – the ability to empathize with other people on an emotional level.
2. Intercession – the ability to forge a connection between a source of power and a carrier of need. Who do you know that could meet the need you cannot?
3. Direction – the combination of vision (desired outcome) and a plan (steps to get there).
4. Communication – a soul (mind, will, emotions) exchange that balances truth and love.
5. Solutions – approaching problems with the expectation and commitment to solve it.
6. Motivation – providing compelling reasons, goals, and inspiration for others to take action.
7. Confrontation – challenging or opposing actions or sources that serve as a hindrance or threat.
Give yourself an honest self-assessment to identify your strengths and weaknesses in the area of influence. Then ask God to help you leverage your strengths and improve your weaknesses. Start owning your influence today!
** Quick Announcement – This Sunday, March 7, is the last Sunday to sign up for Financial Peace University (March 9) and our Women’s Event (March 13) **
Please continue to wear your masks when not eating and drinking.
Bring your bracelet (green, yellow, red) back this Sunday.
Download the App.
Worship with your giving online or with our giving boxes.
We encourage you to continue worshipping with us online if you are at high risk, have recently been sick, or are showing possible symptoms of COVID-19. For those unable, or not yet ready to return in person, live online worship gatherings will continue at https://
“Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light. Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and upholds my cause. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness” (Micah 7:8-9).
Daring to Get Back Up,
Destiny Church Leadership